Cleaning the carpet is not a walk in the park. You can employ a variety of techniques and methods. Nevertheless, you need to follow a few tips and guidelines to ensure effective cleaning. Not just the stain, you need to account for odor too. You don’t want recurring stains or spots coming back. Additionally, browning is an issue you need to address.
Moreover, you want the carpet dry as soon as possible. Regardless of whether you are a homeowner or carpet cleaning service you need to follow the same set of guidelines. Here are the fantastic 15 tips on carpet cleaning.
Our Best Carpet Cleaning Tips!
- The first thing to do is adjust heating in air conditioner. Especially, in the summer, too much vapor goes into the carpet when air conditioner is off.
- Do not rub blot stains. Dab on them with paper towels, sponge or cloth.
- When using chemicals for cleaning carpet, use the right amounts. Do not spray any more than what is necessary. Chemicals that help clean your carpets are highly concentrated. So use exactly what the bottle says. This tip was brought to you by Re-FreshCarpets.co.uk.
- When dealing with wine or beer stains, club soda is your friend. Blot the area using soda and cloth. Spraying water plus vinegar works effectively as well.
- Prior to cleaning, do as much as dry strokes you can. As a rule of thumb, you need two dry strokes to clean one wet stroke.
- Shaving cream is a handy stain remover in case of emergencies. It displaces just about any type of stain. Apply it and let it set for at least 30 minutes before wiping stains.
- Never ever use excessive foam since it’s a vacuum killer. It gets inside the hoses, tanks and dilutes the vacuum.
- A lot of times bubble gum we stepped on the street finds it way till our carpets. Great way to remove it is to freeze it with ice cubes for a minute before lifting it out.
- If you are using Teflon, make sure to move slower. By nature, Teflon makes us to move swiftly and not concentrate on the cleaning. Using a rotatory machine helps your cause.
- A great product to combat grease stains is dishwashing solution. It cuts through the grease stain on carpet as much as it does against dishes.
- When using a wand, keep it short. 3-4 feet in length is recommended for almost anyone. Do not do 5-10 foot strokes. Divide regions and move it slowly, via short yet solid strokes.
- Take your time to post body heads on absorber pads. It wipes out a few more dirt and absorbs all that moisture out.
- Open up doors and windows while cleaning the carpet. Make sure the air moves throughout the house.
- Aid air moving through the house even more. Use bathroom fans, air movers, ceiling fans, exhausts and more.
- Use only top class products to clean your carpet. Carpet is a serious investment and you cannot risk damage of any sort.
You can always make use of available items in home to treat various types of stains. When using industrial chemicals, ensure you do not come in contact directly. Use wand, hose, vacuum cleaners, gloves etc. Something else you can do is hire a professional. Read this blog post we did on the benefits of hiring a professional carpet cleaning company.